Re: Problemas con los puertos usb en HP

Hi!

We're talking in English here, but as far as there's no debian-user-spanish@, I
think that's not a big deal.

I don't know Spanish, but Google Translate helped me so as far as I can tell,
you're experiencing very low speed when copying your data to your external HDD
via USB.

Here's what I can suggest you to do:
 - try to use that USB drive with another machine. That would help us figure
   out if it's problem with your laptop or your HDD.
 - Try to copy some large file (maybe ISO or something like that) and look at
   the speed rate. Large files usually hits the limitation of hardware (like
   HDD read speed, USB transfer speed, external HDD write speed). Maybe low
   speed you're experiencing is a consequence of copying a lot of small files?
 - look at the CPU load while you're copying files. If I recall correctly,
   earlier versions of ntfs-3g gave pretty big load on processor. By the way,
   which release of Debian you're using?

Hope it would help to specify problem.

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

1024D/69093C81
F870 A381 B5F5 D2A1 1B35  4D63 A1A7 1C77 6909 3C81