Re: Debian 64 on Thinkpad T61p freezes on resume from hibernation

2010/11/18 Alexey A Nikitin wrote:
> 5) at this point machine doesn't respond to anything but holding power
> button for 4 seconds, not even the magic SysRq.

Well, guess what - thanks to fgarcia101's post at
http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=56324&p=327663 I learned
that apparently I'm too impatient, as after almost four minutes and
two more long beeps system finally resumed, taking eight times longer
than from cold boot to desktop. I guess issue is partially resolved.

It's already good to be able to fold notebook in the middle of the
work and be sure that you can continue your work an hour later without
relaunching whole bunch of programs. Still, is there any way to speed
up resume so that it will be at least comparable time-wise to cold
boot?

Best,
Alexey
--
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons