Re: Problem with Asus eee PC900ax

Oleg Bodnaruk wrote:
> Hello, James.
> What NIC is installed on this netbook? It is likely that this NIC is
> not supported by Lenny's kernel 2.6.26-(1|2).
>
> On 19 September 2010 08:44, James Brown <jbrownfirst@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to install Debian Lenny on the above netbook.
>> The installer don't see any network interface controller.
>> The network interface controller works under windows, i.e. it is not a
>> problem with hardware.
>> Some months ago I succesfully insttalled Debian Lenny on another such
>> netbook, Asus eee PC900ha

lspci under the console of installer tell that the ethernet controller
is Attansic Technology Corp. Device 1062 (rev c0), network controller is
Ralink Device 3090 (it seems that "network controller" lelates to wifi).
Under 900ha I have Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ehternet Adapter
(reev b0) and Atheros Communications Inc. Device 002c (rev 01) for wifi,
they work finely.