Re: MiniSD or MicroSD

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 13:41:12 +0100
> theNerd <the.nerd18@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I would like to purchase a Core i5 laptop with a MiniSD and MicroSD
> > Card Reader. Please can you recommend which SD card I should buy so I
> > can install Debian onto the card. This way, I can boot from the *card
> > via the BIOS instead of the hard drive. Any form of assistance would
> > be greatfully appreciated.

microsd fits into minisd adapter and into many other devices like readers or
mobile phones, so I'd buy microSD, unless I have only minisd-compatible
devices and minisd is much cheaper (with comparable speed, see below).[B

On 24.06.10 15:06, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> some 1-2 years ago i tried something like that with my thinkpad x60s,
> the problem is that all sd-cards are extremly slow, so choose a card
> which is fast in reading/writing.

there are different speed classes of those cards:

http://www.sdcard.org/developers/tech/speed_class/

I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.