Re: ath5k issue on Dell Latitude e6500

* Eric Sheesley (esheesle@shadowlair.com) wrote:
> I recently installed Debian on my new Dell latitude e6500.  I tried a 64
> bit install to start with, and most things worked well but every 1-2
> hours my network would fail.

[snip]

> working 32bit(no bigmem):
[snip]

> non-working(using bigmem kernel):
[snip]

> I have the same kernel versions for both kernels so am very confused by
> this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Perhaps try to compile madwifi for the bigmem kernel manually?

Also try debian-users mailing list, there's a lot more activity there
and you are more likely to get a fast response. If you are still having
troubles I would suggest re-sending your question over to debian-users.

To try a manual compile of madwifi - first make sure you have the
build-essential package installed (as root, aptitude install
build-essential) and then:

# m-a a-i madwifi

It might compile successfully and if it does:

# modprobe -rv ath_pci && modprobe -v ath_pci

If this also seems successful, now check if wireless is working
properly.

Hope this helps.

Jaime