Touchpad gone when docked

Hi.

I have a Toshiba M2 with a synaptics touchpad. However, the touchpad
is only available when the laptop is not docked (double-checked under
/proc/bus/input/devices).

Of course, I don't really use the touchpad when the laptop is docked.
But Xorg 1.4.2 is not able to dynamically switch input drivers. As a result,
the touchpad is not detected by Xorg when I start the laptop in the
docking station, and it keeps being unavailable when I undock the laptop
(running or sleeping) later.

Is there any way to keep the touchpad available at all times, even if the
laptop is docked?

Regards

Jens

Der E-Mail-Dienst PIA basic belegt im Test der Stiftung Warentest unter den kostenfreien Angeboten mit dem Qualitätsurteil 3,0  den zweiten Platz!
(Testheft Juli 2009, Artikel "E-Mail-Dienste - Besser gratis")
JETZT TESTEN: www.arcor.de/rd/pia_sw