Re: SHMConfig not working in Lenny

Richard Werst wrote:
> I wanted to get the "Syndaemon" to work in Lenny, so that my touchpad is
> disabled while typing, and for some reason I can't get the SHMConfig to
> be acknowledged properly.

I use this utility too.

> It is set to "true" in my xorg.conf file, and it worked in Etch, but now
> I get a:

Check the log file and look for that option being logged as either
enabled or disabled.

  pager +/SHMConfig /var/log/Xorg.0.log

I see this in my file:

  (II) Synaptics touchpad driver version 0.14.6 (1406)
  (--) Synaptics Touchpad auto-dev sets device to /dev/input/event6
  (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event6"
  (**) Option "SHMConfig" "true"
  (**) Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
  (--) Synaptics Touchpad touchpad found
  (**) Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
  (**) Synaptics Touchpad: always reports core events

Hopefully in your log file you will see either confirmation or an
appropriate error message.

My /etc/X11/xorg.conf file has this section:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
        Option          "SHMConfig"             "true"
EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier      "Default Layout"
        Screen          "Default Screen"