Screen and projector resolution

Hello,
I have a laptop computer equipped with a NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTX graphics
card. The screen works with the default 1900x1200 resolution. I tried to lower
down this resolution e.g. to 1900x1120, so that the latter coincides with the
resolution of the projector which I use for presentations. Otherwise, part of
the computer screen does not appear on the overhead projection. However, the
only option available in the NVIDIA Settings Tool for the computer screen is
1900x1200. My xorg.conf file contains the following

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
        Driver          "nvidia"
EndSection

I added more, lower resolutions in the xorg.conf file, at no success.
No other resolution options are available in the Kickoff --> Setttings -->
Screen menu of KDE, as well.
I use unstable/amd64, 2.6.30-2 kernel, kde 4.3.2.

Any help is appreciated
Dimitris