Re: What is the matter with the "http://people.debian.org/~rafael/skype-amd64/"?

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Michael Neuffer <neuffer@neuffer.info> writes:
>
>> Wolodja Wentland wrote:
>>> I am not aware of any DD maintaining skype packages, but Skype used to have a
>>> debian repository at:
>>>
>>> deb http://download.skype.com/linux/repos/debian/ stable non-free
>>>
>>> which might serve your needs.
>> But not for amd64
>>
>> Cheers
>>    Mike
>
> Yes it does, with ia32-apt-get.

I agree with you. You can install it as a 32bit package with
ia32-apt-get (or as I did: either completely manually with some help
from getlibs)

I wish these stupid multi vs. bi-arch wars were finally over.
as long as there is no finalised multi-arch infrastructure, I believe
ia32-apt-get is a good thing.

Cheers
   Mike