Re: HP laptop

On Sat, Jul 4, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Robert Domby<rdomby@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have benn using   Debian 5  on my desktop since its release,& I love it.
>
> I recently bought a   HP laptop model  G60=243CL and installed  Debian 5 on
> it. It dual boots with Vista. Both systems work fine.   My problem is on the
> Debian  the wireless does not work. The wireless device is not even
> detected. How do I go about fixing.
>
> Robert S Domby Jr
> rdomby@yahoo.com

Hello

I run Squeeze on my HP-Pavillion laptop and I, too, had trouble
installing the gnome-network manager. Is that your problem as well? If
yes you will probably have to fetch this package:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/network-manager-gnome from another
computer that enjoys network access and install the package via dpkg.
However, I've probably got some bad news for you, since you might have
to fetch its dependencies likewise (dpkg informed me of all critical
dependencies). That's what I had to do, at least.

Hope all goes well,

Jason