Re: OpenOffice.org Base problem

On Thu, 2009-05-14 at 22:20 +0200, Frank Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having trouble opening a HSQL-DB (created with OOo 3.0) in OOo 3.1
> The error message goes like this:
> The connection to the data source "Buch-Datenbank" could not be established.
> SQL Status: HY000
> The connection to the external data source could not be established. No
> SDBC driver was found for the given URL.
> A connection for the following URL was requested: sdbc:embedded:hsqldb
[..]
> Anybody an idea what package I might need or where else the problem
> lies. [..]

$locate sdbc
/usr/lib/gcj/openoffice/sdbc_hsqldb.jar.so
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/libsdbc2.so
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/classes/sdbc_hsqldb.jar
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/resource/sdbcl680en-US.res
/usr/share/java/openoffice/sdbc_hsqldb.jar
==> This one (sdbc_hsqldb.jar) looks interesting, let's dig it.

$dpkg -S /usr/lib/openoffice/program/classes/sdbc_hsqldb.jar
openoffice.org-base: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/classes/sdbc_hsqldb.jar

$apt-cache depends openoffice.org-base
openoffice.org-base
  Depends: openoffice.org-core
  Depends: openoffice.org-base-core
  Depends: libc6
  Depends: libgcc1
  Depends: libstdc++6
  Depends: libstlport4.6ldbl
  Depends: ure
 |Depends: default-jre
 |Depends: java-gcj-compat
 |Depends: openjdk-6-jre
 |Depends: sun-java5-jre
  Depends: sun-java6-jre
  Depends: libhsqldb-java
       ===> Suggests on "libhsqldb-java-gcj"
[..]
  Suggests: unixodbc
 |Suggests: libmyodbc
 |Suggests: odbc-postgresql
 |Suggests: libsqliteodbc
 |Suggests: tdsodbc
  Suggests: mdbtools
 |Suggests: libmysql-java
 |Suggests: libpg-java
  Suggests: libjtds-java
  Suggests: openoffice.org-gcj
  Suggests: openoffice.org-report-builder
[..]
 ===> Nothing interesting here.

My bet would be that you need libhsqldb-java-gcj to use hsqldb.

Otherwise, follow the advices in README.Debian:

> If you have questions, either post to our the mailing list:
>
>    http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice
>
> Or go to the the #debian-oo IRC channel on irc.debian.org

Hope this helps,

Franklin