Re: configure D-Linx Airplus wireless card on debian

thanks the link worked for me, my wireless card is now up and running.

Geoff Simmons wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 09:52:36AM -0700, kade kade wrote:
i have installed debian on a dell inspiron 8100. my wireless cars is a PMCIA
D-Link Airplus G DWL-G630 Cardbus.  being a newbie, i am looking for a step
by step guide for configuring the wireless card. the card lights are off, it
is as though the card is not being correctly recognized. thanks. the output
of lspci is:
[snip]
03:00.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless
Interface

The "acx" driver is available for support of your wireless LAN device, but is
not included as part of the Linux kernel.  It is required to be compiled and
installed to your system.  The relevant firmware for the ACX111 chipset is also
required to be provided for the driver's use.

An installation procedure for both components is available at
http://wiki.debian.org/acx

Note that the acx driver packaged for Debian does not support WPA.  If this is
required, use of NDISwrapper[1] is suggested instead.

Geoff

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/NdisWrapper