Re: ExpressCard SSD?

On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 6:27 PM, Frank Lin PIAT <fpiat@klabs.be> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am considering to switch my system to an Express Card SSD.
> Various reviews reports very different performances (see below).
>
> Do you have some experience with expresscard SSDs? (on a Thinkpad T60)?

Widening the circle (I hope this is not hijacking the thread), what
about PCMCIA SSDs or even CF adapters with the fastest CF cards
possible?

I have an older laptop with no expresscard, but I was thinking that
booting from a SSD of some form on the PCMCIA slot would enhance
performance greatly. I would put / on the SSD and leave /home, /var
etc. (but not /etc) on the regular spinning-platter hard disk.