Re: Unable to create a logical partition and How to send an installation report ?

On Fri, 03 Apr 2009 17:21:21 +0530, POP3 Access posted:

> I am unable to create a logical partition using gparted. My unallocated
> space is 27 GB.
>
> How to send an installation report ?
> i did run report-bug --configure.
> Do you have a "mail transport agent" (MTA) like Exim, Postfix or SSMTP
> configured on this computer to send mail to the Internet? [Y|n|q|?]? y
> Default preferences file written. To reconfigure, re-run reportbug with
> the "--
> configure" option.
>
> what should i do after the above step ?
>
> Please guide me.

Well, if you choose to not follow the instructions given you by what you
have already done (it told you what to do) then I can make a suggestion.

Figure out *why* you aren't able to create the partition you want. At
this point in time, it's much more likely that it's something you are or
aren't doing correctly than a bug in gparted, unless perhaps you have some
unstable version that you are trying to work with and you don't even
mention which branch of Debian you are using.

I'd suggest you try detailing exactly what you tried and what was the
outcome, including any error messages you saw. In that way, it might be
possible for someone to help you partition without you making a bug report
for what may be a solvable issue.