Re: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS?

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:

Dear all,

I am planning to buy a new HP notebook.  The model that has caught my eyes
comes with an "NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GS" graphics card.  Can any one tell me
how well is this graphics card supported under Lenny?  Is it possible to
have compiz running on this graphics card?  I did some search on this but I
am really confused.  Some say yes and some say no.

Thanks,
Nima

My answer is simple; I suggest that you download and write a LiveCD image, and try running it in the computer that you want to buy.

It is a fairly good way to find whether components such as the graphics card, are compatible.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."