Re: Xorg failure

Hello,

Don't post as HTML please. Also, just quote the important of the
previous mail. see http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct

On Sun, 2009-03-08 at 01:04 -0800, Baz wrote:
>                 bazciscor@gmail.com wrote:
>                 > Intel. Like you, etch worked for me too. Did your
>                 issue
>                 > start after the upgrade?

Please ask question properly
 see :http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Especially:
What laptop? what video chipset? does it starts properly / when does it
fails?
Which driver do you use? What's your xorg.conf configuration file?
Provide the log file (it isn't because you didn't find anything that it
means that there is nothing to found)

> So, what are you going to do?

What about you? If you don't want to do anything, then buying support
from U-world might be a good solution for you.

>  I take it you can't use a system that's going to fail at any given
> time.  There's not even a bug report filed

http://bugs.debian.org/508614

If you can't get the Intel drivers to work, you might want to use the
"vesa" driver (as a temporary workaround).

>  and if one is filed

Ok, so you didn't even bother searching... Why should we spend time
answering your questions?

> how long would it be to get a fix?  It's been almost two months.

> I can't tolerate this any more. I'm thinking of the U-word.

You can't "tolerate" it ?