Re: Xorg failure

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Robert Black <simstick@gmail.com> wrote:
Baz wrote:

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Baz <bazciscor@gmail.com <mailto:bazciscor@gmail.com>> wrote:

   On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 12:44 AM, <bazciscor@gmail.com
   <mailto:bazciscor@gmail.com>> wrote:

       Funny you should mention i810. I installed it but deborphan
       indicated it was, well, orphaned. I'm really frustrated now.
       22 months of development and they STILL can't get it right.
       Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

       -----Original Message-----
       From: Robert Black <simstick@gmail.com
       <mailto:simstick@gmail.com>>

       Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 03:35:34
       To: <bazciscor@gmail.com <mailto:bazciscor@gmail.com>>
       Subject: Re: Xorg failure

       Yes.  I am thinking that etch used the i810 driver and lenny
       uses the
       intel graphics  driver.  You can use  aptitude from the
       command  line to
       wipe the  xorg and x11 related files and reinstall using etch.
       I  use
       synaptic to  lock the  versions to keep them from being
       updated and run
       sid.   I even tried  the experimental 2:2.6.1-1
       <http://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/xserver-xorg-video-intel>
       with no luck. From the deb package search page I notice there
       is another
       version waiting to  be packaged.
       http://packages.qa.debian.org/x/xserver-xorg-video-intel.html
       I even started to  try compiling it from souce but a newer
       version of a
       lib was missing from debian.
       One  big problem is with  my setup the 3d performance is
       terrible but
       that machine is used for a server and audio video on my desk
       and it
       works  fine for that.