Re: Xorg failure

What kind of graphics card? I have a desktop with an integrated intel 845G and have not been able to get anything but the etch to work.

Baz wrote:
Hi,

Got a serious problem here. After the upgrade from "etch" to "lenny" several weeks ago, xorg is failing at various instances. It can't be intentionally reproduced. The "error" message indicated looking at the configuration first before filing a bug report; however, it ended with "fatal server error lockup". I've reinstalled xorg, xserver-xorg and all dependencies; but, it's still occurring. I've downgraded to oldstable (because it was working), upgraded to testing, then unstable, with no success. No error messages in the xorg log. Please help...