Re: Phone recording software

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> I need to record a phone interview. Is there any software that will
> let me plug the a phone line into the modem jack of my laptop (Dell
> Inspiron 6400), and record the voice? I have found many Windows
> programs that do this (assuming that the hardware supports it) but the
> only thing that I could find for Linux is Asterisk which is a bit
> complicated for this purpose (and my skill level).
>
> For that matter, how can I check that my hardware in fact supports this? Thanks.

the only thing I can think of is to use skype to make the call, and
audacity to record?  ive never done it but should be possible.  you may
want to post this the user list if no one else respond. im sure theres
more subscribers there who would have ideas.

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

~ Netiquette ~