Re: suspend / hibernate

Hi all,

2008/8/6 Dale <quail.linux@gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I have had this problem for a little while now, when I come out of
> suspend / hibernation on on my Acer Aspire 5601AWLMi laptop I have
> very high system load. I am wondering if any one else has or noticed
> this problem.  I have been informed it is a kernel problem and I am at
> a lost how to debug it.
>
> If am one can help with this problem it be very appreciated
[.....]

After doing some research and testing I still have not been able to
stop the initial system load when coming out of suspend / hibernate.
The commands 'ps aux' and 'top' are to showing me what is causing the
system load.

I have worked out that 'pm-utils' is what is controlling my suspend /
hibernate. and this what the log has to say which is not a lot really.

$ cat /var/log/pm-suspend.log
Initial commandline parameters:
Thu Aug  7 22:18:19 CST 2008: Running hooks for suspend.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/00clear suspend: disabled.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/05led suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/10NetworkManager suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/49bluetooth suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/50modules suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/90clock suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/94cpufreq suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/95led suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98smart-kernel-video suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video suspend: disabled.
Thu Aug  7 22:18:20 CST 2008: performing suspend
Switching from vt7 to vt1
switching back to vt7
Thu Aug  7 22:18:40 CST 2008: Awake.
Thu Aug  7 22:18:40 CST 2008: Running hooks for resume
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/99video resume: disabled.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98smart-kernel-video resume: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/95led resume: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/94cpufreq resume: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/90clock resume: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/50modules resume: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/49bluetooth resume: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/10NetworkManager resume: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/05led resume: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/00clear resume: disabled.
Thu Aug  7 22:18:41 CST 2008: Finished.

I have also tinkered around with 'pm-utils' config file to control
'uswsusp' for suspend / hibernate with the same result, high system
load coming out of suspend / hibernate.

So at the moment I am still at a loss what is cause the high system
load and how to find out what is, anyone have any advice to finding
this info out please.

And the other problem I have noticed is that when I come out of
suspend or hibernate it does not notice whether I am I am on AC or not
and if I am on AC and come out suspend or hibernate it set my HDD
power management to 128 instead of 254.

These are the couple pages I have found very useful for helping my out
information wise for suspend / hibernate:
http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram
http://en.opensuse.org/Pm-utils

If anyone can help with further guidence it be very appreciated.

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
[IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net