Re: lenny: get battery icon in icewm?

El jue, 24-07-2008 a las 10:54 +0100, Mikhail Ramendik escribió:
> On Thursday 24 July 2008 10:26, Pedro Martínez Juliá wrote:
>
> > > Ideally I would want guidance-power-manager's features (CPU frequency
> > > policies, suspend, hibernate), just with a normal startup. But a mere
> > > battery icon will also do.
> >
> > Did you tried gnome-power-manager? I think that if IceWM has a "tray" it
> > could work for you.
>
> I did try starting gnome-power-manager in icewm. However, it did not show a
> tray icon (and also sometimes prevented icewm from shutting down properly).
>
> I'll probably give xfce a try as well. It seems to have a strong community and
> a set of "native" extensions, while also being fast, but I'm not sure I'll
> like the feel.

If you like simplicity, Fluxbox is your "desktop". Actually, it is only
a window manager but has many compatible applets for its dock (called
slit) and one of them is the "tray" compatible with any application
using freedesktop standards for tray.

I really love FluxBox, I've used it many years in the past but I changed
to GNOME because it is a full integrated desktop... maybe sometime in
the future I'll return to FluxBox.

Regards,

    Pedro

--