Re: gnome/hal/dbus Suspend vs. hibernate-ram

If you have any other problems do not hesitate to send the X300 to me and I will fix them immediately. 8^p

On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Noah Meyerhans <noahm@debian.org> wrote:
On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 01:01:21PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> My new ThinkPad X300 can suspend just fine if I use the hibernate-ram
> command, but the sleep button (Fn+F4 or "Suspend" from
> gnome-power-manager) is not able to suspend.  The system starts to
> suspend but immediately wakes up again.  What exactly is gnome/dbus/hal
> doing when I tell it to suspend?  It seems like hal is what actually
> takes care of calling whatever programs are responsible for suspending,
> but I can't figure out where it does this or how it's configured.

Hmm.  Never mind.  It seems that the pm-* tools are what I'm looking
for.  It wasn't even all that well hidden.  Hibernate seems to be
working...

noah

--
Edge of the World Productions uSA