configuring madwifi

Hi Everyone,

I'm struggling with wireless on my nc6000 laptop. I followed the newbie instructions on www.madwifi.org. Installation went well, the blue light turns on. Then when I type "wlist ath0 scan", the return is "ath0 no scan results" even though I a next to my wireless router at home. I'm using WEP encrytion and typed "iwconfig ath0 key xxxxxxxxxx" with my real key.

I think I'm configuring the wireless incorrectly, but I cannot find a thread.

uname -r = 2.6.18-6-686
lspci | grep Ath = AR5212 802.11ab

Can anyone help? New to debian, new to madwifi. Please excuse me if I should post to madwifi.org instead.

Thank,
westniles