Re: problems with deXlan (Intersil) wifi pcmcia card

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 01:02:05PM +0100, Bernard wrote:
> pcmcia wifi card in its slot. So, I don't really know how to get away
> with the hostap module, unless I perform a 'apt-get remove hostap' but
> then it might lead me into unexpected problems. In any case, in my

no problems, unless you want your machine to act like an AP.
Removing the pkg is the simplest way to get rid of it, else check pkg's
docs to learn how to configure/disable it.

> wpa-driver wext

check 'wpa_supplicant --help' for drivers wpa_supp understands; however,
wext should be the safe choice on recente kernels.

> wifi0: unknown hardware address type 801

no news here, remove/disable hostap.

--
paolo