Re: INTERNET USING GPRS MOBILE (AIRTEL)

Usually, when you install Debian, the bluetooth device has already detected..
Assumption your bluetooth device already detected, and you can try this :
1. turn on the bluetooth device both your laptop / computer and the
handheld device (etc. Handphone).
2. Pair first before you can connect to the handheld device, usually
when the bluetooth device activated, the icon will be show up, click
in the icon then follow the instruction for pairing.
3. After the Device has been paired, go to terminal and type the command :
    - hcitool scan
      ( it will search for the name and MAC device )
    - sdptool search DUN
      (it will search wether the device has Dial Up Network Protocol )
    - sudo rfcomm bind 0 <the MAC address of the handheld> < rf channel >
      when the sdptool done, it will inform you with the configuration
of the device and the channel of the Dial Up networking. before you
execute the command rfcomm bind, first you must add the the MAC
handheld device in the configuration.
    - sudo gedit /dev/rfcomm.conf  ( it's depend on your system, but
it's success with me) follow the instruction, add the empty with the
MAC of the handheld and channel that it use.
    - sudo gedit /etc/wvdial.conf
      ( fill the address in wvdial conf ( it a dial-up program i use
), with the configuration of your network operator for dial-up
networking ( you can ask to the operator of your phone).
    - and last, you can type wvdial