Re: Laptops and Virtulization

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 08:59 +0200, Clifford W. Hansen wrote:
> I would like to find out from the list what they use on there laptops for
> virtulization.
>
> I'm needing to run a vm on my laptop for using as a development server, and I
> need it to be able to access the network my wifi card is attached to.
>
> I have scoured the interweb and havn't found what I'm looking for (other then
> vmware which has some issues)
>
> I would prefer to run the latest etch-n-half kernel, possibly even lenny
> although I don't have lenny yet.

Personally I am using VirtualBox OSE for exact the reason you would like
virtualization.

After a quick check virtualbox-ose is either available within Lenny
(including the kernel module) or via etch-backports where you need to
build the kernel module yourself though.

For a list of packages available in Debian check
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=virtualbox-ose.

Regards,

Stephan