aptitude question

Hi :-)

one questions on the table, of which I can not find the answer ...

To install packages  I  generally (read always ;) ) use aptitude. I  know where it keeps the history of packages installations/removals ( /var/log/aptitude ) but I can not figure out if and where all the informational messages that appear on screen during the actual installation of a package are recorded. I thought I could find them in dpkg log file ( /var/log/dpkg.log ) but at present I can not find any. Do I have to enable the recording somewhere ?
Suggestions ?

Thank you

daniele