Re: Maximum VGA output screen resolution

My Dell (an old insprion 8600) runs 1920x1200.

A nice surprise on Ubuntu 7.04 and later was that it
Just Worked.  I didn't have to tweak the /etc/X11
configs at all!

Same with my old Sony Vaio PCG-8C3L aka
PCG-GRX560.  1600x1200.  That is, until the
display started to go (these days is is crisp in
text mode but goes nasty left-right flickery.

Anyhow, yes, I've been able to get video out through
the VGA connector at whatever resolution the
monitor would support (never tried past WUXGA)
over the years

Too bad you think the 15.4 display is too tiny-
I used 1600x1200 15.4" for quite a few years
as my primary display because it beat the pants
off the dual 1600x1200 21" tube displays my
employer provided.  Personally, my pet peeve
is vendors who keep increasing the size of
screens without increasing the number of pixels.

Six years later, I'm still using my 2002 Dell
because I can't find another laptop with a better
than WUXGA display.

Tony

--
Best Regards.