kernel 2.6.26 hangs at "Setting up standard PCI resources" on a HP laptop

Hi list

I have a Tx1301au HP laptop
spec: Turion x2, c51 mobo, running debian 4.0

I have compiled kernel 2.6.26(x86) the laptop hangs after displaying
"Setting up standard PCI resources". I have tried all the possible options
listed with the vanilla kernel documentation(acpi= and pci=), but of no use.

Previously, I had compiled 2.6.23.8 without any problems.

I request the list to help me out.

V. Srinivas

Support The free software movement started by
Richard. M. Stallman by using free software,
Developing on it and spreading awareness
about it.

Make way for a free as in "freedom" world in all the
fields possible making it information and knowledge
reachable, simple and understandable for all different classes of people.

Live and let live. And grow together.

Vandematharam.
V.srinivas for free software. Always.