2.6.25-2-686 / ACPI / laptop_mode

Hi all,

To start off with I am running Debian testing and under the 2.6.24 I
not have any problems with 'Advanced power management level' for the
hard drive changing from 254 when on AC to 128 when on battery and
visa versa.  Under the 2.6.25-2-686 it would never change from 254
whether on AC or battery.

Well I have had a play with my '/etc/laptop-mode/laptop-mode.conf'
file and change a couple settings, the 2 lines I played with are
'CONTROL_HD_POWERMGMT=0' (changed it from a zero to a one) and
'BATT_HD_POWERMGMT=1' (changed it from a one to 128) and now all seems
to work correctly and the hard drive is now changing from 254 when on
AC to 128 when on battery and visa versa again as it done under the
2.6.24 kernel.

Here is the section I have altered
<quote>
#
# Should laptop mode tools control the hard drive power management settings?
#
CONTROL_HD_POWERMGMT=1

#
# Power management for HD (hdparm -B values)
#
BATT_HD_POWERMGMT=128
LM_AC_HD_POWERMGMT=254
NOLM_AC_HD_POWERMGMT=254
</quote>

Has anyone else had this problem or noticed it,  I am more wanting to
know I have gone about fixing my problem the correct way with the
recent acpi and kernel upgrades.

Regards
Dale
--
[WWW] http://southernvaleslug.org/
[IRC] #southern-vales.lug on irc.freenode.net