Re: CPU hammered on Dell Inspiron with new install.

On 29/04/2008, sa9k063 <spam.spam@hfbk-hamburg.de> wrote:

>  pardon, the reply was meant to be sent to the list. i guess a simple renice
> would do it in this case.
>  trackerd's priority could be set from the prefs, kontact can be started
> with
>  nice kontact

Thanks, Tee. I've heard of nice but never used it. I'll give it a try.

I found the problem, as the high CPU load is only with Kontact open.
Somehow my kaddressbook's vcf file got base64 encoded! It still works,
but is killing the system. Luckily, I have a backup from only two days
ago. I'll still loose a bit of info, but most of the important stuff I
can recreate from memory and the Thunderbird trash bin.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il