Hard Drive Problem

The laptop I have has worked nearly 2 years. But since
the last three months, when I started to take it with
me on the road, the problem appeared, some files can't
be read randomly, I have checked the hard drive with
bad block, no bad block. I noticed one thing that is
when the laptop just booted up, the hard drive made
some strange noise, so I think it's the arm has
damaged due to shock.

 After that, I bought a new hard drive, and started to
use it since yestoday. first I used Knoppix to run a
linux system, made a xfs filesystem, then start
install debian on the hard drive. but before I reboot
into the new system, I found that the Load_Cycle_Count
had reached 330. I believe this is because the kernel
version 2.6.18 which used by Knoppix. and during that
time, I noticed that the external 3.5 inch hard drive
which was connected throw a USB IDE adaptor had made
many soft reset.

Now I am using the new system, and the internal 2.5
inch hard drive works fine. but the external usb hard
drive stopped work. When I powered it on, it ran for a
few seconds, then reset, no matter how many times I
reboot it.
when I tried to mount it (/dev/sda1) I got "mount:
wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock "
and I found /dev/sda1 belonged to "root floppy", is it
correct?

I need help urgently, because there are lots of
important files saved on the external hard drive.
please give me some information, anything will be
helpful. thanks.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
A Smarter Inbox http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html