Re: LCD screen flickering

Ji ZhengYu skrev:
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 6:47 AM, Andrea Ferraresi
<andrea.ferraresi@gmail.com> wrote:
 On Wed, 2008-03-05 at 13:54 +0800, Ji ZhengYu wrote:
 > Hi, everyone
 > I used a toshiba laptop on debian/stable, and everything was OK!
 >
 > Now I am using debian/sid for some reasons, but some character
 > in some fields on LCD screen is flickering, after a long time running
 > debian, it will flicker more worse sometimes. I can't take a screenshot
 > because it always looks good from the picture what I get  :-(
 >
 > kernel    2.6.24+13: i386
 > xorg      1:7.3+10
 > graphic driver i810 ( for my intel graphic 855GM card onboard)
 >
 > Any suggestion?

 I'm currently experiencing the same problem with the same graphic card,
 but only after hibernation. After a reboot my screen works fine.

 --
 |_|O|_|  Andrea Ferraresi <andrea.ferraresi@gmail.com>
 |_|_|O|  KeyFP= CFE7 223E EB7A E729 9675  BA93 5152 C043 3817 D93A

Well, after a reboot, it looks fine. But after some times, the same
problem come up again.
Any suggestion?

Regards,

Hi!

Are you shure that the problem isn't hardware related? I've had several laptops with semi-broken inverter boards in the screen. It caused the monitor to flicker and sometimes go dark until next reboot.

regards
--
Yosh