Thanks for the great system / installation successfull report

  Hi List :)

  I would like to report a big success here. I recently got a HP 6710b
laptop and (as usual) didn't agreed with the Windows License terms and
conditions (so I can send it back and get the license money).

  At this moment, I needed an operating system to install on it, one
that I would like to use and that I could agree with the license terms
and conditions.

  Debian was the obvious choice, and I prepared myself for a small
battle for the installation.

  I donwloaded the last testing distro DVD (I never use stable, unless
on very important server machines, where stability and security is more
important than convenience), and booted the laptop.

  After the initial configuration questions, it installed itself
smoothly, only stopping at the usual places for the usual (simple)
questions.

  Not a single error, and even my fingerprint reading gear (included in
the laptop body) is working to the perfection.

  Thank you very much for this, Debian Packagers and Maintainers. :)
--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}