Re: Toshiba A205-S5809 - Realtek wifi?

I have an older Toshiba, and I had to use the Madwifi driver to make it
work.  In addition I had to install the kernel source and kernel headers
for the right kernel in order to compile the driver.  It also seems that
whenever the kernel is upgraded -- as it was with the recent upgrade
with Etch, the process has to be repeated.

I just had to do it again in fact.

There have also been some issues with the Gnome network daemon that I
don't understand completely, but to make it work I had to comment out
some things in the file the network manager creates.

I can find the specific steps that I took if you need them, let me know.

Richard