Re: 2"5 HDD's for continious operations

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2008-02-02 04:00:11, schrieb Michael:
> > I just discovered S.M.A.R.T was disabled in my BIOS. Just FYI.
>
> Oops!  --  But it seems, S.M.A.R.T. does not work with my 3w85xxS-4LP.

That is most unfortunate to hear because SMART has actually predicted
a disk failure for me.  It was on a system that I left running anyway.
I had not actually see any disk problems yet and was starting to
believe that SMART was falsely reporting an error.  But then later
while running tasks that scanned the disk seeing if I could verify
that there was a disk problem or not I started to see disk I/O errors
logged by the kernel to the syslog.  The disk really did start failing
just as predicted.  But I was forewarned by the prediction and in a
good situation to handle the failure.

Good luck!

Bob