Re: Thinkpad t61p

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 06:48:56PM -0800, Baz wrote:
> Anyone have Debian (Etch, Lenny, Sid) running on this relatively new
> Thinkpad?  Sebastian

That's what I'm using right now now (Stable on my T61p).

It took me a while to build up the courage to replace the bootloader,
since GRUB will break the windows reinstall stuff.  Well, it still
works, but as a GRUB menu item instead of with the ThinkVantage button.

Getting the wireless working required some extra stuff:
apt-get install firmware-ipw3945
apt-get install ipw3945d
I had to rebuild the modules (ipw3945-modules-2.6.18-5-686) because they
don't seem to be updated for the most recent security-patched kernel.
Not a big deal, though.

I don't have sound working, mostly because I haven't bothered yet.

The standard reference for such things is ThinkWiki:
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

I'm pretty happy with it;  It's a worthy replacement for my trusty old A21p.

Jon Leonard