Re: cannot connect to the internet after resume

On Jan 25, 2008 3:07 PM, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:50:23 +0800
> "Forrest Y. Yu" < forrest.yu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I have a laptop Acer Aspire 5610Z, which uses Atheros AR5005G as the
> > network controller. Everything is ok, however, sometime when I resume the
> > machine, I cannot access the network anymore.
>
> Details. What happens when you try to access the network? Can you
> ping the router? Other hosts on the lan? Other hosts on the
> internet? By name? By IP?

Actually, when I use firefox to access a website, it sometimes succeeds, but the speed is very very slow. It'll take about 5~10 minutes to open a Google main page. Sometimes it fails to open any pages.

I can ping the router. I can even access the route via the web admin interface of the router. The speed looks good too. That's the most weird thing.

I have only one host in the lan -- my laptop. Maybe I should connect one more computer for testing.

I tried to ping a website by name, it seems reachable. As I mentioned, sometimes web pages is reachable. The speed is intolerable.

Thanks again.

Forrest