Re: debian laptop wirless problem

# Use ndiswrapper to install .inf

as mentioned below, the linux kernel now includes support for ipw2200
without having to compile anything, all you need, in both cases, is the
firmware.

oh, and also, please don't top post, makes things messy.

# Drivers for ipw2200 are in Kernel since 2.6.14, so this step should not
# be needed. For me all I had to dowas copy the firmware to /lib/firmware.
#
# KR Frank

hence the default etch kernel 2.6.18 already works with ipw2200, it is as
simple as copying some .fw files into /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/
(apparently some put it into /lib/firmware, but maybe the are not really
using debian ?).

manu.