Re: Dual boot Vista Debian Unstable hardware clock read incorrectly

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 10:03:14 +0100, Koen Vermeer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 09:58 +0100, Anders Ellenshøj Andersen wrote:
> > Florian Kulzer skrev:
> > This is interesting. hwclock doesn't work without this --directisa
> > option. In what file do I put this HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa" setting?
>
> It's in /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh and /etc/init.d/hwclockfirst.sh, which is
> quite a pain if you regularly update your system, as these files are
> overwritten. It would be nice if it would be split into a config file
> in /etc/default or something like that...

You can put

HWCLOCKPARS="--directisa"

into /etc/default/rcS, since this file is sourced by both hwclock.sh and
hwclockfirst.sh. This is maybe not an "officially sanctioned" approach
(at least it is not mentioned in "man rcS"), but it seems to work in
practice.

          Florian   |