Re: Swap encryption (via LUKS) and Hibernation (disk suspend)

El vie, 04-05-2007 a las 13:03 -0400, q9u3x4c02@sneakemail.com escribió:
> Hello,
>
> After digging around manuals, search engines and forums, I have come to the conclusion that trying suspend to disk (hibernate) is a hit or miss with an encrypted swap via LUKS.
> What is the state of of doing hibernation with encrypted swap in Debian? After doing a "fresh install" using the amazing Debian installer which pre-configures LUKS, what extra steps, if any, are needed to accomplish this goal?

Right now, just using uswsusp , with a encrypted swap partition, it
works out of the box :D

The initramfs-tools package contains the needed hooks to unlock the
encrypted partition with cryptsetup.It works for me.

If you want to use suspend2, you musto to patch and build a new kernel.