Re: Anybody using a Dell Inspiron 8500/8600 with the ATI card?

Hi,

please post the output of:

lspci
uname -a
your Xorg.0.log

did you try the binary NVIDIA driver? this one should support suspend if you
also force it to use "nvidia agp, there is a howto in the readme of the
driver.

On Fre, 23 Feb 2007, Joe Emenaker wrote:
> I've got a I8600 with the NVidia card in it. In the two years since I've
> had it, I've learned to *never* put it into suspend-to-ram mode. If you
> do this, everything suspends just fine... but, upon waking, the display
> doesn't turn back on.

> 2 - Are you able to use suspend-to-ram and wake it and get the screen back?

the "hibernate" package provides nearly every useful hack, to get your
display back.. so i recommend to install and try it.

> 3 - Any ideas on how I can figure out how much ram my NVidia has?
look into your Xorg.0.log.

--
Florian Reitmeir