Re: kernel 2.6.19 + Cisco 350 Wireless adapter needs manual config

On Friday 12 January 2007 18:41, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> thats clearly a bug of UDEV. I suggest you purge
> ifrename
> udev
> and delete the /etc/udev /etc/hotplug
> (a backup is always nice)
> and then make a fresh reinstall of udev.
ifrename it is not installed on my system; I did what you suggested and now my
card is not recognised at all. Tried also modprobe airo with no results.
Noticed the following message at boot-up:
udev_rules_init:
/etc/udev/rules.d/z99_hal.rules: no such file or directory

Any suggestion?
--
On this laptop no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.
Successfully Microsoft free since December 2002.