Re: Intel Framebuffer doesn't work on a notebook

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:35:14 +0100, Florian Reitmeir <florian@reitmeir.org> wrote:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Damian Ryszka wrote:

>I have a Notebook with an Intel VGA-Controller and the
>framebuffer will not work. Any idea what could be wrong?
>What does the line mean 'Video mode must be programmed at boot time'?

It means that you need to set video mode at boot time

>The command line (in grub) is:
>root=/dev/hda3 ro video=intelfb:mode=1024x768-32@60 resume=/dev/hda6

In that line, I think, you need to add extra parameter "vga=". I'm using
"vga=791", which means 1024x768, 16bit. Set it in /boot/grub/menu.lst. My
looks like this:

kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-4-686 root=/dev/hda6 ro vga=791

do you use an intelfb? or ati? the question is, is the above a "suggestion"
or "do it, i do it my self like this"?

My graphic card is ati. This line, is a copy of my configuration, so this exactly what I'm using.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Damian Ryszka