Suspend stopped working on T60

I'm running Etch on a Lenovo T60. Up to now, I haven't had a
problem suspending my computer, by shutting the lid or
clicking the "suspend" option on the Gnome Power Manager. This
morning, I tried to do this and it didn't work; it locked the
screensaver, but did not suspend. When I re-entered my
password, there was a message from Gnome Power Manager saying
that there was a suspend problem, and pointing to a link for
more info.

The link, to
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-power-manager/faq.html , was
unhelpful; it suggested that either the hardware is
unsupported (clearly not true, as it's been working up to
now), or that I need to file a bug report, though the link to
this didn't work.

The only relevant line in my syslog seems to be:

Aug 30 19:07:43 localhost gnome-power-manager: Suspending
computer because user clicked suspend from tray menu

After this there's several screens worth of networking stuff.

Any ideas what really might be causing this, and how to fix
the problem? I don't _think_ I upgraded or installed anything
that might be conflicting with this.

Thanks.

Jesse Sheidlower