Re: cpufreq

Hi,

I had almost the same problems with my asus laptop. I had to compile a newer kernel (2.6.20) to make it work correctly. Apart from processor speed, I noticed that the 2.6.20 is the first kernel with an option Core 2 duo which recognizes the processor correctly.
Anyway, I never managed to make the processor speed down with cpufreq; I had to use powersave and powersaved (works perfectly by the way).

So, my suggestion is:
- Compile a newer kernel from kernel.org
- Set the core 2 duo option and all speedstep options to modules (acpi_cpufreq etc.)
     - Especially the governor has to be set to ondemand
- Update your /etc/modules
- Install powersave and powersaved

That should do it;

Hope it helps