Re: SO-DIMM size for IBM ThinkPad 570

Boris Andratzek wrote:
> Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > I have a very well working ThinkPad 570 (P2/366) with on 64MByte and one
> > 128 MByte Module.  I like to know, which is the maximum size for the SO
> > DIMM's since I like to add TWO 256 MByte modules.
>
> You can try to find this at www.kingston.com . Search by model to find
> outdated systems...

In a similar way I recommend http://www.crucial.com/ and have always
had good experiences with them.  They have a system database that is
quite extensive.

However looking there just now I see that they list the 570 as having
only one slot with 64MB as onboard non-removable memory.  According to
the IBM docs here the maximum memory for the slot is 128 MB for a
total of 192 MB.

  ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pcinstitute/psref/twbook.pdf

If you actually have the 570 E model the maximum for the one available
slot is either 256 MB for a maximum of either 320 MB.

Here is a useful ThinkWiki link:

  http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Category:570

Bob