Re: etch on latitude

On 6/29/07, Jean-Marie Mouchel <jean-marie.mouchel@ccr.jussieu.fr> wrote:
Hi,
I have etch on a latitude D610 (upgraded from Sarge).
Most is ok.

I had difficulties with the WiFi because the firmware were not at the
right place on the disk (probably because of a major change around
hotplug/udev). I obtained the last firmware from Intel (ipw2200), which
had to be in /lib/firmware. Works well now.
ok good news

And one problem with cpu_frequency. A device is not found (I still do
not know what should be found!):
FATAL: Error inserting acpi_cpufreq
(/lib/modules/2.6.18-4-686/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/acpi-cpufreq.ko):
No such device

Good luck.
JM
two more questions:
- does etch let you use stand-by or suspend/resume or whatever you
call it ? i think most ubuntu versions do

- and do you use precompiled debian kernel or you cooked one by yourself ?

roberto a écrit :
> hello
> i currently use debian 3.1 on latitude d600 and i'd like to know if
> anyone has successfully upgraded to debian 4.0 on this or similar
> systems
>
> i plan to do it as soon as possible

Jean-Marie Mouchel

--