Re: with module fglrx loaded hibernate crashes my system

On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 09:13:35PM +0200, Florian Reitmeir wrote:
From: Florian Reitmeir <florian@reitmeir.org>
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: with module fglrx loaded hibernate crashes my system
	LDOSUBSCRIBER autolearn=no version=3.1.4

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, Gerard Robin wrote:

Sorry, it's fortuitously that my system crashes during hibernate because
just after that, my system froze definitively when I was using mc (with xwindow).
I have disabled the module fglrx.
I reinstalled alsa and the sound works fine again.

so you disk isn't working after hibernate, but video/sound IS workking after
hibernate?

yes after hibernate the sound and video worked fine.
In my first post I said that the sound failed due to twinkle, when I
launched twinkle I got:

Cannot access the ring tone device (ALSA: plughw:0,0)
Cannot access the speaker (ALSA: plughw:0,0)
Cannot access the microphone (ALSA: plughw:0,0)

and I infered that the sound was broken, but it was not broken entirely.

For the moment the state of my system is like that:

in commande line (not xwindow):
- mocp and cdcd work

with xwindow:
- cdcd work
- mocp deosn't work:
Running the server...
Trying JACK...
JACK tmpdir identified as [/dev/shm]
Trying ALSA...
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Trying OSS...

FATAL_ERROR: No valid sound driver

- vlc work but without sound:
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:864:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
[00000354] oss audio output error: cannot open audio device (/dev/dsp)
[00000354] main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the conversion
[00000354] main audio output error: couldn't create audio output pipeline

and actualy after hibernate all is the same cdcd work, mocp deosn't work
vlc work 50 %.
I am stuck with this problem, I don't understand why mocp work in
commande line and it deosn't work with xwindow ?
(OT and twinkle gives me headache ...)

--
Gérard