Asus G1 suspend to disk works only 8/10

Hi list.
I had success with my LinuxMint 3.0 (a Ubuntu feisty derivate) installation at my Asus G1 Notebook.
Suspend to disk works with uswsusp.
Now comes the trouble. Sometimes, the supend to disk does not works. Then the message is "there was a problem with the HAL support...) Ok this is no prob. then I can shut down my computer. but in very rare circumstances there is no keyboard intercation possible. I have turn turn off the system.
So, the question is how to hunt down this failure. Where to look at?
in /var/log/messages && /var/log/daemon.log is nothing worthfull